A Sensory room is a uniquely designed space, which combines a range of stimuli to help individuals develop and engage with their senses (including lights, shapes, textures, sounds, sensory soft play objects, scents) all within a safe and fun environment.
Sensory rooms can help those who have autism, developmental disabilities, learning difficulties or sensory processing impairments to learn to interact with the world around them, in an environment that builds their confidence and enhances skills. The sensory room at WPTT may be utilized for all therapy sessions (SLP, OT, PT) or even private play sessions (by appointment).
The following are several benefits which a sensory room may facilitate:
- Sensory Stimulation/desensitization
- Enhance Learning and Play
- Improve Balance, Movement and Spatial Orientation -
- Develop visual processing abilities, fine motor skills, gross motor skills
- Problem solving skills
- Social pragmatic skills during play-based activities
- And More!