1) What are your fees for assessments and therapy?
- If your child is found eligible to receive therapy services through Putnam or Westchester County Preschool Program, there is no fee to you.
- If you seek private evaluations and therapy services: Our assessments and therapy sessions are highly individualized and customized based on the needs of your child or family member. Assessment fees/therapy session fees are based on our hourly rates and are dependent on a number of factors (e.g., face to face time spent with the client, parent education time, etc). Due to the uniqueness of every case, fees will be discussed at the time of consultation/screening/evaluation.
2) Do you accept insurance reimbursement?
Unfortunately we are not in-network with insurance companies at this time. We are an out of network insurance provider.
3) How do I submit for out of network speech therapy reimbursement?
You will be provided with an invoice to submit to your insurance company. It will contain the necessary information including: diagnosis and treatment codes, session times, fees paid, description of services provided, as well as pertinent practice information (tax id, license number, etc). We will also provide you with assessment and therapy progress reports to submit to your insurance company along with the invoice.
4) Do you conduct in home assessments and treatment?
Yes, we do! We provide services to the most convenient and appropriate setting for the child/adult. For private therapy cases, there may be a small travel fee added.
5) When should I seek help for my child?
Our certified therapists work with children from infancy to adulthood. If you are concerned about your child’s communication skills, please call to find out if your child should be seen for an evaluation and/or consultation. It is never too early or too late to help your child if they are in need!
6) How long will my child be enrolled for therapy (Speech, OT, PT, etc)?
Therapy duration is dependent on a number of factors including the severity of the case, parental involvement and motivation of the child/adult. Each individual is different and will respond differently to the therapy process.
7) How do you determine when the child is ready to be discharged from therapy services?
Client progress is charted and documented on an ongoing basis. Frequent reassessments are administered during the course of treatment to determine progress. Once the child has mastered target skills, and both the family and the therapist are satisfied, then the child may be considered for graduation from WPTT!
8) Do you only provide pediatric services?
No! We work with people of all ages.